Sunday, April 26, 2009

DOCUMENTATION OF ARTISTIC REINVIGORATION - PHASE 4:

So here are the bare bones of what my final screenprint will look like. 

It's something of a more personal project, I suppose because my main hope for taking this course was to do something creative for myself, as opposed to always thinking about what might look best on a store shelf or best boost sales for bread. Admittedly, it was a little difficult to try and do something without thinking about how I might be able to make money from it, but once I realized what I wanted to do... yes, I think the challenge became entirely about sorting out which animals best represented my family. (Have you ever done that? Sheesh, the skeletons come tumbling out of the closet, I tell ya'). The result: My father, the safari-researcher (complete with convincing disguise), my mother the ostrich, my middle sister the lemur, my youngest sister the tortoise, and me, the elephant.

Despite being warned, I was stubborn enough to believe that SuperMe would be able to fly through this one critical step. So believe it, folks; the biggest pain-in-the-ass about screenprinting is building that friggin' screen (actually, trying to find a competent wooden frame to start with may also tie for that award). I should probably mention that I complicated things by resorting to old screenprinting frames from OCAD that just happened to be ginormous. Who even knows how to spell "ginormous" anyway. Thus, I spent my last class stretching, stapling, rinsing, and coating my two gargantuan friends ready-to-go for next class. Fingers crossed.



1 comment:

Michelle Fagundes said...

i told you this was going to turn into a shit-show of a thesis project didn't I? DIDN'T I?
*sigh*, i'd do the same thing.
It looks great, you are fantastic.