Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thursday: Rubbing ribs and A-Z

{image courtesy of the Newport/Naples Rib Company}

Good afternoon everyone! I return after waiting at the walk-in doctor's office for 1.5 hours for a 5 minute diagnosis. Despite the typical prescription of... anti-inflammatory meds and lots of this thing they call water, I did walk away with a fascinating revelation: my breathing problems are due to the fact that... wait for it... one of my ribs are rubbing up against my breast bone. It's an "-itis", I just don't remember what sort.

In any case, while I was waiting and watching the roast beef sandwich I had packed for lunch go lukewarm, I decided that I would run through the alphabet and dedicate postings to the one place/thing/person/event of choice, starting with that letter. These would include nuggets dug out from the depths of the WWW, and personal diddle-doodles.

This is partially inspired by my search (in vain) for the name and author of a beautifully illustrated children's picture book from not too long back, which dedicated each DPS to one, glorious, eternal letter. If anyone happens to know what the frig I'm talking about, please enlighten me.

Till the next post, farewell from me and my swollen rib.

No comments: